About the Customer Request Program
Customer Requests for purchase are welcome for items not in the
library catalog. If you are unsure about an item’s availability,
please check with a librarian. The Customer Request Program is
for Dallas residents with a valid Dallas Public Library card.
Please include your library card number and preferred pickup location.
Due to the high number of requests received each week, we are
unable to make individual replies. If we are able to order an item,
we will place a request on the title and it will appear on
the “Requests” list in your account.
You may add your comments to the above message before sending it.
Click in box or use arrow keys to move cursor to next line.
Click Send to submit your request.
What can I request through this program?
- Books, Audiobooks on CD, Music CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray DVDs
can be ordered.
Please specify the format when placing a request.
- eBook and eAudiobook titles can be recommended for purchase within the OverDrive or
Axis360 App or website.
- Limit of 5 Customer Requests per week.
- Requests for items not yet published or released will not be accepted
more than 30 days prior to the publication or release date.
- Textbooks, workbooks, activity books, software, and magazine subscriptions are not eligible for request.
- Items with a list price greater than $100.00 cannot be ordered.
- Requests are subject to review and other limitations may apply.
- Out of print and special order items (items unavailable from our
primary vendors) cannot be ordered through the Customer Request Program.
Interlibrary Loan may be an option for these items.
LIB-FRM-254 v.3 05/26/2016